Supporting Our Communities
We are looking to work collaboratively with worthy causes to help them grow and sustain their growth. Assisting with fundraising, donor cultivation, board building, development of critical policies and protocols, organizational planning, and best practices for cash management and investment policies, procedures, and strategies. In addition, we are looking for opportunities to support programs and services focused on low- to moderate-income individuals and communities.
Two Types of Grants Offered
1. Organizational & fundraising capacity grant
2. Community development grant
Organizational & fundraising capacity grant recipients receive:
The Supporting Our Communities initiative will offer two grant opportunities in 2018 for approximately 40 nonprofit organizations
Each organization will receive up to $5,000. In the previous five years, cash grants and consulting services valued over $2.5 million have been distributed to nonprofits in our service areas.
Priorities will be given to organizations that:
- Serve low– and moderate-income individuals of all ages.
- Where we can share our expertise in financial literacy and economic self-sufficiency.
- Serve our veterans.
- Focus on development assistance and lending solutions for small businesses.
- Partner to support the creation of affordable housing and the sustainability of safe, clean and desirable neighborhoods and programs that enhance the quality of life for residents in communities that First Foundation serves.
First Foundation Announces Open Application Window for Its 2018 “Supporting Our Communities” Initiative
Selected nonprofits are presented a grant for strengthening their organizational and fundraising capacity as well as community development initiatives.
Helping local nonprofits strengthen their organizations and empower their worthy pursuits
Meet our 2017 Supporting Our Communities grant recipients
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County
Boys and Girls Club of Laguna Beach
Child Creativity Lab
Clinicas de Salud del Pueblo
Community Resource Center
Coachella Valley Repertory
Hawaii Council on Economic Education
Levitt & Quinn Family Law Center
Quiet Storm Foundation
Richmond Neighborhood Housing Services
Stepping Stone of San Diego
The Actors Fund
The Los Angeles LGBT Center
Thomas House Temporary Shelter
Waikiki Community Center
Youth Business Alliance
Community Impact Team
With the guiding principle that giving is more than just writing a check, our community impact team ensures our giving efforts are strategic and meaningful to the organizations and causes they support.